Printer-Friendly Version HERE.
The Tri-Lazy is a relatively short distance bike, paddle and run event perfect for the person who has always wanted to do a tri-event race. The 13.5 mile bike, 1 mile paddle and 5K run will provide a challenge for people of all skill levels. You can even team up with a partner: one person bikes, both canoe, and one person runs!
The Tri-Lazy is sponsored by the Fall River Pirate Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the Fall River community. The Pirate Foundation’s current initiative is to help build and support a much-needed athletic complex. All the proceeds from the Tri-Lazy will go toward supporting the construction of the athletic complex. As well, it will be a fun way to show off your community pride!
The race will begin with the 13.5 mile bike ride starting at the Fall River dam. The bike course travels through the countryside with hills, twists and turns and will end back at the dam.
The participants will then paddle 1 mile on Lazy Lake. The paddle course starts at the Fall River dam boat landing, travels in a loop through the bay area and ends back at the dam. Life jackets are required! You can rent a canoe/kayaks package which includes life jackets and ores when you register for the race. If you bring your own canoe/kayak, you will need to provide your own life jacket and ores.
The 3.1 mile run begins at the dam and travels out and back to the finish line. You will run right past the site of the future athletic complex!
Individual: $45 ($55 if you register after August 1)
Two Person Team: $85 ($100 if you register after August 1)
Kayak or Canoe Rental: $25 (No charge if you bring your own kayak or canoe)
No refunds. No transfers to future events or next year’s race.
Individual Groups: Men & Women
Team Groups: Combined age of: 32-75 & 76+*
- All participants must be 14 years old by the race date and teams must have a combined age of at least 32.
- Participants under the age of 18 must have written permission from a legal guardian.
- ALL racers are required to sign a liability waiver at check-in. Waiver forms can be pre-printed HERE.
- T-shirt, goody bag and a certificate for food and beverage at Sorghum Fest for each participant.
- TEAMS – Each team member must do at least two legs of the race. Both team members will canoe.
Note: Team participants MAY compete in all three legs of the race. However, only the combined times using one participant’s bike, both canoeing and the other participants run will be recorded.
*If there are not enough participants to form a particular age group, groups may be combined.
Check-in will open at 7:30 am and close at 8:30 am.
Location: Brayton Park, Fall River, WI.
General Race Information
The race will begin at 9 am with a 5 minute separate start time for individuals and teams.
Race numbers will be provided by Road ID.
All racers will be responsible for:
- Wearing helmets during the bike portion of the race.
- Their own bikes and gear.
- Their own transition team (limit: two people).
- Removal of their bike from the transition area within one hour of the completion of the race.
- Providing and wearing a life jacket if not renting a canoe/kayak.
Parking: Will be designated for racers and support teams.
Water Stations: We will provide a water station on the bike course and the run.
First Aid: Volunteers will be at each water station and transition areas.
Weather: We will run the race rain or shine. Local authorities will decide race cancellation due to adverse conditions such as thunder, lighting, or strong river current.
Awards: There will be an awards ceremony and after race party at Savanna Oaks Sorghum Fest beginning approximately an hour and a half after the last racer finishes. Awards will be given to the top male and female finishers in each age group.